Friday, January 12, 2018

Science of the Week, 1/12/18

Here are some of the most interesting science news articles I read this week:

It's cold in space, but not as cold as it could be

Study shows treeshrews break evolutionary "rules"

Science fiction and folk medicine inspire novel wound dressings

Modifying memories during sleep could reduce trauma

A biological solution to carbon capture and recycling?

Engineers grow functioning human muscle from skin cells

Healing burned paws with fish skin

Have a good weekend, and I'll see you Monday!






3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm sure space is still pretty damn cold though!

PT Dilloway said...

So if I harvest enough skin cells I can be Mr. Universe?

Sherry Ellis said...

I'm with Alex on the coldness of space!

That's interesting about the tree shrew. I never really thought about latitude having an effect on an organism's size.

Site Meter