Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Time Travel, Book Style

I'm currently listening to one book about time travel to the Middle Ages and reading another book set in 1930s Wisconsin. Both books remind me how different the past is from our present. Although daily life would be more comfortable in the 1930s than in the Middle Ages, I prefer to remain in my own time, not just for the creature comforts, but for my own freedom. If I had to travel back in time, I would probably want to go to the 1960s and see the Beatles perform. I might stand out among the crowds of teenage girls, but I'd be as excited as any of them!

If you had the opportunity to travel in time, where would you go and why?

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'd want to travel back to just before Apple stock became huge and buy as many shares as possible.
I'd also like to go back and see Pantera perform before they broke up and Dimebag Daryl was killed.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

I guess music makes a compelling reason to time travel, Alex!

Crystal Collier said...

If I could time travel, I'd want to be invisible, because I certainly wouldn't want to be treated like a woman in any other time period, and not knowing the culture intimately enough, goodness, that could lead to all kinds of trouble. That said, I'd like to see snatched of ALL time periods. No kidding. *pats time machine* *covers time machine back up and backs away*

Maria Zannini said...

I've always wanted to see what the Americas looked like in the 16th century. I've always wanted to see a virgin forest untouched by man.

PT Dilloway said...

I'd do a Back to the Future II and bet on all the big sports events to become a billionaire. I'll leave all the killing Hitler or stopping JFK from being assassinated and other time travel cliches to that Timeless show on NBC.

Unknown said...

I would visit the dinosaurs, make friends with my grandfather as a young boy, and find out how my long lost parents disappeared! #TAOC

Site Meter