Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Popcorn Ideas

While I give the first draft of Chaos Season a chance to breathe (or my brain a break from it), I'm working on two shorter works. Or at least I'm trying to. I have been working on "The Unnumbered World," the next story in the Catalyst Chronicles universe, but I haven't done much with Young Seasons, a short story collection featuring the heroines of the Season Avatars series. However, I have already drafted the first chapter of Fifth Season, the next Season Avatars book. But I'm also getting ideas for a holiday Season Avatars story (I'm still not sure where it would fall in the series), an old short story I never finished, and new short stories. (Don't ask me where all these ideas are coming from. Maybe it has to do with my chronic sleep deficit, or maybe my mind is secretly trying to distract me so I don't finish a single story.) All this, especially combined with the rest of my Real Life To-Do List, makes my brain feel like this:



(Thanks to Kristine Katherine Rusch for introducing me to popcorn kittens on her blog.)

I guess I need to jot these ideas down, review my project list and decide what priority they should be. I also need to learn to write faster so I can complete more stories and get them out of my head.

What makes your brain feel like popcorn kittens are bouncing around your skull?

3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Fortunately I'm one of those one idea at a time kind of guys. (Which means multiple ideas probably would make my brain go to mush.)
Who's been dropping acid in the kitty treats? Someone should talk to those kittens about catnip before it's too late.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Alex, I think the kittens are experiencing tarp beneath their paws for the first time. I can only imagine what they'd do on a trampoline.

Maria Zannini said...

Nothing sweeter than watching babies play.

As for ideas, better to have a bunch of them than none at all. You can always jot them down for later.

Site Meter