Saturday, April 11, 2015

SF Women A-Z: Jankowski, Jemsin, Johnson, and Jones

Lauren Jankowski is a sister member of Broad Universe. I first met her at WisCon. She's an indie author who also runs a Tumblr called Asexual Artists. You can learn more about her on her website and find her books on Amazon.

N.K. Jemsin was a guest of Honor at WisCon last year. I must shamefully admit I missed her speech. (I think we were visiting college friends that evening.) However, I have read her Inheritance Trilogy and recommend it. Considering her first book, The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, was nominated for a Hugo, Nebula, World Fantasy, and Tiptree Award, I think a lot of other people enjoyed it too. Learn more about Jemsin on her website, Wikipedia, and Amazon.

I'm most familiar with Kij Johnson's novels The Fox Woman and Fudoki, but she's written a lot of short stories, some of them award-winning. You can find her full bibliography on her website or Wikipedia, and her books are of course on Amazon.

The only book of Gwyneth Jones' that I've read is Life, but the story of the woman scientist in that novel really resonated with me. Jones has written many books in her career and has won, among other awards, the the World Fantasy Award and the Tiptree. You can learn more about her and her works on her blog, Wikipedia, and Amazon.

What other SF/fantasy women authors would you add to the J section? Please list them below.

6 comments:

PT Dilloway said...

I don't think most of my recent work would qualify me for Asexual Artists.

J Lenni Dorner said...

J here, stopping by from the #atozchallenge 2015!
Great post. I'm following you on your listed social media sites.
@JLenniDorner

I actually read The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms earlier this year. Enjoyed it.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Not familiar with those authors.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

That's OK, Pat.

Thanks for stopping by, J! The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms was a great read.

Alex, I hope you give them a try!

Bish Denham said...

Anyone even nominated for a Hugo or Nebula would have to be worth reading, so The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms is going on my TBR list.

Anonymous said...

Always love visiting new blogs during the #Challenge. And here you are. Appreciate all the hard work it takes to participate. Hope you have time during April to come and see me too.

Site Meter