Friday, March 27, 2015

Science of the Week, 3/27/15

This will be the last Science of the Week post until May, as the A-Z Blogging Challenge starts next week and I need to spend extra time visiting other blogs. I have to admit that when I don't prepare this feature, I miss reading the articles. Hopefully you enjoy reading them too.

Here are some of the most interesting science news articles I read this week:

Brain tumor cells decimated by mitochondrial "smart bomb"

Quantum experiment verifies Einstein's "spooky action at a distance"

Our solar system may have once harbored super-Earths

Landmark study proves that magnets can control heat and sound

Real "skinny water"? Special microbes make anti-obesity molecule in the gut

Large Hadron Collider scientists hope to make contact with parallel universe

Scientists recover T. rex soft tissue
(This is an older article, but it's still pretty incredible.)

Thousands of atoms entangled with a single photon

Have a good weekend, and I'll see you Monday.





3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We need to pump that skinny water into most households in the USA.
You can still read the articles and save the very best ones for May 1.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Good idea for the May 1st post, Alex. We'll see if I have time for it with my book launch.

PT Dilloway said...

Dang, I need that skinny water. Though I can imagine how much they'd want to charge for that.

Site Meter