Friday, November 21, 2014

Science of the Week, 11/21/14

I apologize that this didn't post sooner; it wasn't scheduled for my normal midnight time.


Here are some of the most interesting science news articles I read this week:

Magic tricks created using artificial intelligence for the first time

Adjusting Earth's thermostat, with caution

Spiral laser beam creates quantum whirlpool

Gravity may have saved the universe after the Big Bang
(I first typed Big Band, which may say something about my tastes in music)

The fundamental constants are still constant

Train your way to synesthesia

Elusive dark matter may be detected with GPS satellites


Have a good weekend, and I'll see you Monday!









3 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Adjusting Earth's thermostat - we saw how well that worked int he movie Snowpiercer.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

And we don't know who's paying the bill.

Author R. Mac Wheeler said...

I drop in all the time but never have anything to say. Since you're being so nice to host me this next week, the least I can do is say...Kilroy was here.

:)

Site Meter