Friday, May 09, 2014

Science of the Week, 5/9/14

Here are some of the most interesting science news articles I read this week:

Promising solution to plastic pollution

Climate change may worsen summertime ozone pollution

Astronomers harness the galaxy's biggest telescope

Newly found dinosaur is long-nosed cousin of T. rex

Controlling fear by modifying DNA

Yawning to cool the brain

Detecting fetal chromosomal defects without risk

Earth's hardy little space travelers could colonize Mars

Aged brains and muscles in mice made younger with GDF11

(you've probably already  read about the last story in the news this week)

Report: How climate change impacts America


The May issue of Indie Writers Monthly should be free by now. You can download it (and read my latest short story) HERE.

Have a good weekend, and I'll see you on Monday.







2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Works now!
Cool, glad you are using the Blogger comment box again.
Next time I yawn around someone who's boring, I'll just tell them I'm cooling my brain.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Hi Alex, yes, Blogger comments work much better than the Google system. I should have switched back a long time ago!

Site Meter