Monday, May 12, 2014

Blog Ring of Power: C.J. Pinard

We're back with another Blog Ring of Power interview, this time with C.J. Pinard. You can find the other parts of the interview at the following links:

About You
The Creative Process
About Your Current Work
Words of Wisdom

What is your writing process? Do you follow a regular routine? Do you use pen and paper or computer? Work at home or at the library/Starbucks, etc.

I work at home, late at night, on my laptop (with connected keyboard). I have an office in the downstairs area of my house and I write after my kids are in bed. I have to have music, and not just one specific type. It depends on my mood.


How do you balance writing with other aspects of your life? 

This is tough, I have a fulltime job and two kids at home, so like I said before, I’m usually writing late at night.

How much time per day do you spend on your writing? 

I try to devote 1-2 hours. Sometimes I do more, sometimes I don’t do any at all.
 
Other than your family, what has been your greatest source of support? 

Honestly? Other authors. Nobody understands this process like a fellow author. I have three or four I talk to regularly about books and publishing, and they’ve become good friends and confidantes and a huge help. They’re invaluable, actually.

How do you deal with rejection and/or negative reviews?

No author likes negative reviews. Some can be helpful though. It’s the ones that are mean or insult the author that are harder to deal with (and usually uncalled for).  That being said, I don’t expect everyone to like everything I write, and negative reviews come with the territory. They used to bother me, but now not so much.





C.J. is a west coast native who has lived on both coasts and now lives near the middle, in Colorado! Coming from a family of writers and editors, she feels writing is in her blood and hopes people will lose themselves for a little while in the fantasy and fun of her stories. She also loves sweet red wine, the SF 49ers, and unlike most authors, doesn't have any cats. When she's not writing, she can be found chasing around her kids or working at her day job, which she totally feels interferes with life, but it also sometimes gives her inspiration for her books, since reality usually is way more interesting than fiction.


Blog
Facebook page
Goodreads author page
Twitter
Amazon Author Page
Smashwords Author Page


When 21-year-old Nolan Bishop meets a seductive woman named Eva at a dark club in downtown Shreveport, Louisiana, little does he know his soul will be gone as soon as she is. Realizing she’s taken something from him, he finds out he has a very limited time to destroy her before he turns into something sinister and inhuman. In a race against all that is holy, Nolan has to find Eva and get his soul back while trying not to fall in love with Charity, the twin sister of the succubus who took his soul – all in seven days.

1 comment:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Yeah, you can't let those negative reviews get to you. They happen - no big deal.
I always need music playing as well.

Site Meter