Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What Do You Want Your Indie Life to Look Like?

I regret to report that this will be my last blog post for Indie Life, as it's being incorporated into the Insecure Writers' Support Group. While it can be reassuring to discuss writing doubts and fears with other writers, I personally prefer to blog from a position of strength (as Ronald Reagan would say). At this point, I'm not planning on participating in that meme. If you are, I wish you all the best and hope you still stop by to visit. Perhaps later on I may join IWSG if my wants/needs change.

At this point, I'm still a long way from living a 100% indie life. But why do I seek it so determinedly? Because this is what I want from life:


1. A chance to live my life according to what I feel gives it its meaning.

2. A chance to control my time, my working environment, and my projects.

3. A chance to do something that will help others.

4. A chance to connect with others, especially with those who are "in my tree."

5. A chance to keep learning and developing, both as an author and as a person.


Whatever you want out of your indie life, I hope you find it. And if someone, say in traditional publishing, tells you that going indie is wrong, igore them and listen to Billy Joel instead:




P.S. I have a short story up today on Indie Writers Monthly if you'd like to stop by.

No comments:

Site Meter