Friday, February 15, 2013

Science of the Week, 2/15/13

I have a couple of quick announcements before I post the science links. First, I have a post up today at the Scene 13 blog. It features a couple of excerpts from Twinned Universes, so if you'd like a sneak peek, please check it out. Also, don't forget this is the last day to download a free copy of my fantasy short story, "Letters to Psyche," from Amazon.

Here are some interesting news articles from ScienceBlog this week:

Explosive breakthrough in molecular recognition

 Computerized "Rosetta Stone" reconstructs ancient languages

Neuroprosthesis gives rats the ability to "touch" infrared light 
(this one has a lot of potential for SF stories)

Dogs spot the dog

Newly identified protein blocks HIV, other deadly viruses

Artificial atoms allow for magnetic resonance on individual cells


That's it for this week. Enjoy the weekend, and I'll be back Monday with a special BRoP interview.














No comments:

Site Meter