Friday, September 16, 2011

Science of the Week, 9/16/11

I can't resist starting this week's link list with a reference to Star Wars:

Tatooine-like planet discovered

Researchers discover gene linked to optimism, self-esteem

50 New exoplanets discovered by HARPS

Astronomers find extreme weather on an alien world

Researchers predict new superhard materials


Students create application that "writes" books
(Don't worry; I think this app is a long way off from writing fiction)

Blood vessels from your printer


Sea urchins see with entire body


I found all of these articles on Science Blog.

Have a good weekend, everyone! Tomorrow we plan to take our son to the local railway museum; on Sunday, we'll go apple picking. Hope you have something fun planned too!

4 comments:

Rowel Cordovez said...

Nice blog.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

They have discovered so many alien worlds out there that it's amazing. BTW, Sandra, the person that does my editing has organized all of her projects now under a business and I think she's looking for new ventures now. Her online presence is at Cubicle Associates, LLC. I'm going to do an interview with her soon.

http://www.cubicleassociates.com/default.html

That's the link so you can check out her website. She just got it up and going and is looking for feedback. Anyway...check her out if you are still looking for editing services.

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

Thanks, Rowel.

Thanks for the recommendation, Michael. I have found a freelance editor with experience in SF/fantasy, and I've been pleased with her work so far. But I'll check out that link too. It never hurts to have a couple of editors to choose from.

Jonathon Arntson said...

Freaky deaky Dutch...esp. the blood vessel printer.

Site Meter