Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Writer's Vacation

I found out today I still have five full weeks of vacation time this year at work. (I carried over two weeks of vacation time from last year, and I've only taken one vacation day plus one floating holiday this year.) I think I better start using some of it! It's been a long time since my husband and I took a date day (we both take off work, drop Alex off at daycare, and go off on our own), so we'll have to do that. I'd also love to go somewhere--if we can figure out how to make that work with a three-year-old. Knowing me, I'll probably use some time just to clean the house. It would be nice to have some time to write and edit too.

What do you do on vacation? Do you still write? Or do you go somewhere and do things you can write about later?

3 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

I never write while on vacation. Though I do take a lot of pictures and sometimes bring back souvenirs (like rocks, bugs, or leaves) to kick start my creative juices.

Tyffani Clark said...

Sometimes I write on vacation, but I usually take the time to catch up on my reading and sleeping. ;)

Sandra Ulbrich Almazan said...

I agree sometimes you need a vacation from everything, even writing!

Site Meter