Thursday, February 18, 2010

Petitions

I have links to two unrelated petitions to share with you.

British libel laws impose severe restrictions on free speech, to the point where they are about making money instead of saving a reputation. They interfere with both journalism and science. Foreign libel suits are brought to London because of these laws. Because of this, an international petition has been set up to reform British libel laws. You can read a report about the libel laws and sign the petition here:

http://www.libelreform.org/

I believe they're also on Facebook, though I'm not a member of the group.

Speaking of groups leads me to my favorite musical group, the Beatles. Their historical recording studio, Abbey Road, has been put up for sale by EMI. (I've been there and have pictures -- somewhere.) If brought by property developers, the site might be turned into apartments. Fortunately, the National Trust has expressed interest in preserving the site. If you'd like to show your support, please go here:

http://www.petitiononline.com/abbey/petition.html

No comments:

Site Meter