Sunday, January 18, 2009

Finding What You Need

Last night, Eugene and I had a friend over for dinner. (She's a professional photographer; she took the family portrait I have on the blog.) Eugene had mentioned to her that I make homemade pizza, so she requested to have some. It's been a long time since I made pizza, but luckily I already had some dough that just needed to be thawed and rolled out. I bought the rest of the ingredients earlier in the week.

After Eugene came home and took charge of Alex, I preheated the oven and let the dough come to room temperature. Then I looked for the pizza pan. I checked where we normally keep the baking pans, but I couldn't find it. I checked the other cabinets, the dining room, and the basement, but I still couldn't find it. I asked Eugene if he knew where it was; he suggested I check the places I'd already checked. There wasn't enough time to go to the store, so I decided to use a regular baking pan instead.

As I was rolling out the dough, I heard a crash from one of the cabinets. It turned out to be the pizza pan falling out of the cabinet. (We found out this morning that one of our measuring cups broke; we assume the pan did it.) Talk about good timing! I don't know how I overlooked it before. Anyway, the pizza turned out well. For dessert, I made the brownie-in-a-coffee-cup recipe I posted last time. We had a good time seeing our friend and look forward to her next visit.

No comments:

Site Meter