Thursday, August 10, 2006

Eugene's Birthday Celebration

I'm a little late with this, but here it is.

Tuesday night I made a special dinner for Eugene. We had steak, potatoes, vegetables, and double chocolate bread pudding. Then he got to open his presents. I gave him a statue of Bast, the Egyptian cat goddess, that he'd seen when we went to the King Tut exhibit last month. He brought it to work; we joked that his cats would start leaving dead mice in front of it. I also gave him a Bast Christmas ornament and a Billy Joel DVD of his videos. The rest of the night was the same as every other night (and no, we don't try to take over the world; who wants that?)

Last night I treated him to dinner at a nearby seafood place. On the way there, we saw two deer, a hawk, and an egret on a dead tree. The food was pretty good, even if the service seemed to take a while.

Today we didn't have a celebration, obviously. I was pretty busy at work, running around like I was on Iron Lab Tech, trying to run several experiments at once. At least I don't have to worry about any challengers.

Writing: I think I stated before that I'm taking a break from Lennon's Line. Instead, I've been working on one of its sequels. It's been slow going, but that's to be expected when I'm working in the living room. Time to move the laptop back into the office now that it's cooling down.

No comments:

Site Meter