Friday, April 21, 2006

Things I've Missed

Between my laptop being on the fritz earlier this month and our Internet being down for a few days, I haven't been blogging as much as usual. I figure this would be a good time to mention some thing I meant to blog about earlier:

Writing--I haven't said much about this lately. My main project at the moment is editing Lennon's Line. I've also been meaning to start over with Day of All Seasons and post the original version on OWW. I haven't been happy with the rewrite. I haven't decided if I should post the synopsis or the chapters; at this point, it probably would make more sense just to do the chapters. I'm sure that novel will be in for a major overall once I get a stack of crits on it. But the most important writing-related event this month is that the anthology with my story was supposed to go to the publisher on Monday. I didn't get a confirmation from the editor; perhaps he didn't get all of the author bios he asked for and had to postpone the submission. Hopefully all will go well, but I have no idea how long it will take for the publisher to decide on the book. Better distract myself in the meantime with my current projects.

Walking--A couple of weeks ago, I bought a cheap pedometer and started wearing it to work. I think I probably do more walking at work than the typical office person, since I'm not at a desk all day and move around the lab a lot. Some days I got close to or exceeded 10,000 steps a day, particularly if I wore the pedometer while working out on the treadmill. Other days I was a couple thousand off. I haven't worn it for a few days because I got some funny readouts (possibly from a low battery). At least the pedometer made me more conscious of how much I was moving.

Links--I just joined a blogring for members of one of my message boards. It's a small ring so far, but hopefully it will grow and bring some new visitors here. I should look for more of them; I'd like to join some writing-specific ones. I wonder if there's one for the OWW? I look at Sue's blog on LiveJournal, but it seems that a lot of OWW people also use that site. Sometimes I think I should have used that too, but it's more fun catching up with my college friends over here.

Random Zobmondo questions--These have come up when we play the game on our lunch hour. The wording might not be exact, but I'll try to get as close as I remember. Remember, if you answer, you must pick a choice; "Neither" is not an option.

If you were the last fertile person on Earth (I presume they mean the last fertile member of your gender), would you distribute your seed freely to all who ask, or would you pick and choose to improve the human race?

Would you rather travel back in time one million years or forward in time one million years?

If you were in a car accident, would you rather save your spouse or your child?

That's enough for now, I think.

No comments:

Site Meter