Sunday, February 12, 2006

Olbrich Botanical Gardens

Today while Eugene had his lectures, I went to the Olbrich Botanical Gardens. (The name may be similar to my maiden name, but as far as I know, there's no relation.) This may sound like the last place to visit in the middle of winter, but it has a conservatory of tropical plants and birds. I figured that would be a good place to take pictures of Oscar. I had to run back to the car for a spare memory card for my camera, but I still got some good pictures of Oscar and the birds. Here are a couple:
Oscar looking down at the bird feeding area.













Is he a rebel or just illiterate?













Despite the cold, I did walk around the outside gardens for a bit. They have some things there that I haven't seen before, such as the Rose Tower:



















And a temple from Thailand:
















After that, I hung out at Border's for a while. Although it wasn't much of a photo op, I did find a couple of books and wrote about 800 words. Then I bought a few things for work; picked Eugene up from his lectures; and drove down to Janesville, where we had dinner with my parents. Now we're back home and getting ready for another work week.

No comments:

Site Meter