Thursday, February 16, 2006

Hair Again

Yes, it's a noteworthy event when I get a haircut, as I tend to put them off until my split ends have split ends. But it's been about ten weeks since my last one, so it was time.

I have to admit that even though I tried to change my hair cut last time, not only wasn't it noticeable (and it's weird to say that lopping off 4-5 inches of hair isn't noticeable), but adding a shorter layer to my hair made it more difficult to style. The shorter hair tends to come out of a ponytail, which eliminates some of my everyday hair styles. Good thing I can still French braid my hair; I like doing that because it keeps my hair out of my face. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I used appliances like a hair dryer or curling iron to do more things with my hair, but they don't seem to work well for me. I generally just towel dry my hair, comb it out, and go from there. But I have enough length in my hair to do something different with it every day of the week if I choose. If it was short, I don't know how I'd handle it; I'd have to figure out dryers and curlers and mousse, oh my! I did try bangs and layers when I was in undergrad, but I don't keep them cut, and they take forever to grow out. So today I had two inches taken off the back and left the layer in front alone. Eugene noticed the cut because my hair was still a little damp when he came home.When my hair is all one length again, I'll probably just keep it that way. I may let it grow a little longer again. If I get daring, I may go to shoulder length, but that's about as short as I'd like to go, at least for now. I guess I'm still traumatized by the boyishly short haircut I had as a kid. ;)

In other news, I've been working steadily on Day and have been making progress. Sometimes I have to stop and think of what to do with the changes that are creeping into this draft, as they always affect more than I think they will. I've been working a little bit on Key too, and last night I created a photo gallery for one of my web pages. Hopefully sometime this weekend I'll upload everything to my website; it's due for some new material.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any pics of the new do you would share with us?

Site Meter