Friday, January 20, 2006

Lazy Evening

I haven't posted much this week since it's been a case of same ol' same ol'. Tonight I would have liked more of that instead of the snow. It took me over ten minutes just to make the turn from the street that my company is on to the main road leading to the highway. It's a left turn, so the intersection is always busy, but I didn't expect it to be so bad at 5:20 on a Friday evening. I turn into a Nervous Nellie when I have to drive in bad weather (I've spun out a couple of times in the past, though luckily I wasn't hurt), so I was crawling on the highway too. I'd say the trip took twice as long as it normally does. Eugene has a much worse commute than I do, so I shouldn't really complain.

I've accomplished a fair amount this week writing-wise, so perhaps that's why I'm feeling lazy tonight. I performed an experiment with Lennon's Line: I converted the first chapter from first-person (narrated by an "I" voice) to third (an indirect voice using "he" or "she.") I posted the original and modified chapters on OWW, and so far it looks like people are saying the third person viewpoint will be better for the novel. I've also made some progress with Day of All Seasons, even though I'm throwing out a scene and rewriting it. I tend to do that a lot; it's as if I get better ideas the second (or third) time around. I've even found time to work on Key; maybe I'll work on that a bit before turning in. Tonight I've mostly done line edits for one of Sue's chapters and established a losing streak with Pyramids. ;) I should have more free time tomorrow to get more done.

No comments:

Site Meter