Sunday, December 25, 2005

The Holidays Part 1: With the Ulbrichs


My family always celebrates on Christmas Eve, so that makes celebrating the holidays easier for us. We drove up to Wisconsin yesterday for dinner and a gift exchange with my parents, my brother, my niece, and my grandmother. While we were there, we also got to watch our wedding video, which we just picked up yesterday. Here are some photos:

My grandmother (Oma) at the dining room table.










My parents put up a small tree this year, but at least it's not so hard to find room for it.


















Eugene and my brother Rodney talk computers/photography while my bored niece Nicky waits for the highlight of the evening: the presents.










My parents during the gift exchange.













Eugene entertains Heidi (not pictured).

















Afterwards, Eugene and I drove home so we could spend our first Christmas morning together. After exercising, we opened our gifts to each other. I gave Eugene a book from his wish list and the new Billy Joel box set; he gave me three books and a couple of CDs. Then we had breakfast: baked French Toast with apples, fruit salad (I attempted to blog yesterday about the abuse I inflicted on the citruses, but the Internet connection died on me before I could publish it), and fresh-squeezed orange juice. Needless to say, it was all very good. Later today, we need to work on the wedding album (again) before we have Christmas with Eugene's family. I doubt I'll get much writing done today, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised by that.

No comments:

Site Meter